TransferInIowa Homepage
In between classes at Iowa State UniversityHolding class outside at the University of Northern IowaAerial view of the Old Capital Building at the University of Iowa

Distance Education

Some students who seek to transfer from a community college to a Regent university to complete a four-year degree are not able to attend classes on-campus. Therefore, the Regent universities have developed an array of learning program opportunities, including the Bachelor of Liberal Studies and the Bachelor of Applied Studies, that can be completed off campus. This page provides information about the breadth and scope of distance education offerings provided by the Regent universities to transfer students.

Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS)

A cooperative effort between Iowa State University, the University of Iowa, and the University of Northern Iowa to deliver baccalaureate-level degrees to meet the needs of Iowans. For more information, visit the Bachelor of Liberal Studies Web site. The University of Iowa BLS program has slightly different requirements. For detailed information, visit the BLS University of Iowa program Web site.

Bachelor of Applied Studies (BAS)

A program designed for graduates of community college technical programs who have at least three years of work experience. For more information, visit the Bachelor of Applied Studies Web site.